Hi I'm CeLee, and Dress Your Nest is your destination for simple and straight-forward, affordable modern design advice. My mission is to show everyone how to Design Within Reach within reach. I'll show you how high class design doesn't always come with a steep price. Peruse around and let's tap into your inner design diva!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

To Be or Not To Be


I hunted high and low for drapes to hang in my dining room. Finally after purchasing & returning (making multiple trips to Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, JcPenney), I settled on the Felicia curtains from Ikea. They give the appearance of silk dupioni due to it's nubby yet smooth texture. And surprisingly, there have an even hang. Do spruce these up with a non-standard issue Ikea rod & rings. You'll have everyone guessing where you picked up these fabulous silk drapes! Your dirty little secret will be that they were under $100.00!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well for me its better to be more realistic.

Unknown said...

Hello Dress Your Nest, my name is Mangal and I’m trying to establish the web's first forum dedicated purely to interior design. You have an excellent blog and I would be delighted if you joined since you bring a unique perspective to the online design world. If you are interested, check it out here

http://www.realtalkdesign.com/

Mind you, I just started this forum so it’s still in an extremely infantile stage, but as it grows and adapts I hope it can become a really positive community. Let me know what you think.

Anonymous said...

Great photos that provide excellent inspiration. Here is another great place for home design ideas.

Cashmere JL said...

That's very pretty.

Anonymous said...

One of the best ways I got custom art on a budget was by ordering images I took myself and having them printed on canvas. Sites like this one Canvas Art are cheaper than Hobby Lobby and Target prints and you get to choose the image that fits your space.

Great room by the way!

Anonymous said...

Marvelous Chandelier!
I Buy Lights